www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: legal conditions regarding project website content
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:17:55 GMT

A separate question: what kinds of content does the project plan to host
at the jspwiki.org domain name?  While we're certainly happy if the
domain name owner has chosen to donate it to the ASF, any official
Apache project homepage must be at $projectname.apache.org

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#websites

It would be fine to host additional content, or content focused at wikis
or past releases in general at jspwiki.org - but when Apache JSPWiki
goes to a TLP, it's homepage needs to be at jspwiki.apache.org

As an unofficial aside, one issue is the principle of least surprise.
All software products released from the ASF are available under the
Apache license, unless clearly and specifically listed in a NOTICE or
other file.  So while various bits of jspwiki.org may have been
available publicly in the past, that doesn't meant that they're
necessarily available under the Apache license or a directly compatible
one.

Thanks,
- Shane