www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creative Commons License (was: checking in wiki)
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:36:48 GMT
On non-legal-binding precedent is the RCV1 corpus where Reuters agreed that

    *"Summaries, analyses and interpretations of the linguistic properties
of the information may be derived and published provided it is not possible
to reconstruct the Data from the summary." *
*
*
This was part of an agreement, so it has no legal binding, but it does
indicate that at least one fairly strict copyright interpreter was OK with
the term count transformation.