www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dropping the year(s) on the copy right headers
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:46:33 GMT
No.  Leaving the year out does not mean it is copyrighted forever.  It
means that the copyright notice is defective.

You don't need a copyright notice under the Berne convention, but having
one is a good idea.

See here for some basic information on US copyright (which is pretty
similar to European copyright since both conform to the Berne convention):

http://www.uspto.gov/smallbusiness/copyrights/faq.html