www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Prashant Shah <pshah.mum...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying license for personal use
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 05:10:55 GMT
Hi,

I want to change the "Grant of copyright license" section to be more
explicit. Most of the words have been taken from the MIT license. I am
not a lawyer but want to get a opinion on whether its better than the
original ?

I am aware that I can no longer call it apache or use the name apache
and I will do that on my own risk - which is fine for me :) Also I am
aware that Apache is well known and accepted license.

Original :
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of
this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual,
worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly
display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and
such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.

Updated:
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of
this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual,
worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
copyright license without restriction, including without limitation to
use, copy, modify, merge, reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of,
publish, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, distribute
and/or sell copies of the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or
Object form with or without fees.

Regards.