www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Prashant Shah <pshah.mum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying license for personal use
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:01:38 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Creating your own "open source" license is pretty much
> a guarantee that no one will use your code, since people
> will see it's not OSI and/or FSF approved and pass on it.

I read many licenses but none came close to Apache 2. I absolutely
loved Apache 2 except for the "Redistribution" clause sub-sections 1,
2 & 4. I am not at all interested in creating another license, there
are too many already - it will be just a waste of time plus I don't
even have the slightest expertise to do that.

So I am planning to just reuse Apache and remove the "Redistribution"
clause sub-sections 1, 2 & 4 - that's all. No other changes. I joined
to this mailing list just to get a sound opinion whether it's ok to do
that. If there is any existing license that does that or if anyone
else is interested in taking this forward - I will just use it :)

It is not a major issue, just a minor thing that is bugging me too much :(

Regards.