www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Creative Commons License (was: checking in wiki)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:18:59 GMT
Thanks Dan.
We also noticed the below on the Legal FAQ's: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa
"Unmodified media under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 and Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 licenses may be included in Apache products, subject to the licenses
attribution clauses which may require LICENSE/NOTICE/README changes. For any other type of
CC-SA licensed work, please contact the Legal PMC."

Does it also apply to statistical models that are derived from cc-sa work (word counts in
an Lucene index)?  Seems to be a grey area- but just wanted to double check.

--Pei