www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Creative Commons License (was: checking in wiki)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:10:30 GMT
Hi,
We would like to check in some derived features/models from Wikipedia into the src code base
and would like to double check - are Creative Commons Licenses compatible with ASL 2.0?
We couldn't find  it in the approved 3rd party list: http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

Thanks,
Pei

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Miller [mailto:timothy.miller@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 3:22 PM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: checking in wiki

Hi team,
I'm just about ready to check in the wikipedia small index and the new coref features and
models that take advantage of them, and I want to verify what changes we need to make to the
license/notice to allow this in the next release.  The NOTICE section has the dependent software
included -- is it sufficient to add something like this:

    This product includes contents adapted from the English-language
    Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org) developed under the Creative Commons
    Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License
    (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).

Thanks
Tim