www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Having a binary build pull maven artifacts from a university repository?
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:45:49 GMT
One of our sandbox projects, about to do a release, found that some Eclipse
artifacts were not present which they needed to build.  Someone else offered to
publish them to a university -run NEXUS repository instance.  The maven build
was altered to include this additional repository, and these Eclipse artifacts
are now being pulled from their (during the binary build).

My question: There's been an assumption that it's OK to have (convenience)
binary builds done by Maven pull artifacts from Maven Central (since many, many
convenience builds do this).

Is it OK to have builds for convenience binaries also pull from non-Maven
controlled repositories?  Is this something for each PMC to decide?

-Marshall