www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Creative Commons License (was: checking in wiki)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:30:59 GMT
The license is share alike 3.0, the reasons we need advice is because we
are using modified/derived version (the clause in the legal FAQ starts
"Unmodified media..."). Specifically, we built a lucene index with 5000
wikipedia articles relating to medicine. Each article is modified by
reducing it to list of words and their counts in that article. Is there
some advice on whether this sort of modification is allowable or whether
it disqualifies?
Tim