www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Creative Commons License (was: checking in wiki)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:39:16 GMT
"sa" -- "share-alike" so it's likely _not_ Category A.

Chen, Pei wrote on Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 16:10:30 +0000:
> Hi,
> We would like to check in some derived features/models from Wikipedia into the src code
base and would like to double check - are Creative Commons Licenses compatible with ASL 2.0?

> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
> We couldn't find  it in the approved 3rd party list: http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
>
> Thanks,
> Pei

and models that take advantage of them, and I want to verify what changes we need to make
to the license/notice to allow this in the next release.  The NOTICE section has the dependent
software included -- is it sufficient to add something like this: