www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Clarification of "distribution" under the SGA
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:19:41 GMT
Sorry I should have looked at the actual
terms before commenting... yes it's clear
you are granting the public rights as well
under the SGA, and because it's discussing
distributions that includes version control,
not simply vetted releases.

I'm not sure how you'd work out a situation
where we have some GPL-licensed SGA-gifted code
in versioncontrol that you'd like to sublicense.
TheSGA gives you that right, but the GPL doesn't.
Presumably the SGA trumps the GPL here because
eventually we will ask some committer to change the
license on the GPL'd code anyway.