www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customer reference in NOTICE
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 01:00:31 GMT
Folks,

It looks to me like we might be having some linguistic and cultural
disconnection here.

I'm not entirely sure, but this reads to like a situation that comes
up in Europe from time to time, where academic funding comes with
requirements for acknowledgement. This doesn't make it instantly
legitimately here, but viewing this as a commercial enterprise
demanding credit is perhaps not the most illuminating view. It is also
possible that polite push-back to the academic partnership by the
Foundation could yield a resolution.