www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Customer reference in NOTICE
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:49:39 GMT
Besides legal questions, I think the question is merely if we want this to
happen at the ASF.

Why aren't all other companies in there that are paying people to also work
on open source ?
How is possible that a company requires the ASF to put it in the source
repository. Isn't this a community decision ?
You actually made a specific branch to work on this code, which we can
based on the information I have see as a vendor branch ?
Why is this investment worth more than investments of other companies in
the various projects of the ASF. I can name a lot of companies without
their name in the NOTICE file which at least should receive the same
treatment.

It could be that my worry that a line is getting crossed here is based on
incorrect or incomplete information or that the spirit of these kind of
things have changed during my "inactivity". Based on what I learned here
more than 10 years ago from the "ASF veterans", this just doesn't feel
right.

Mvgr,
Martin