www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customer reference in NOTICE
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:09:46 GMT
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
<ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:
> ...A part of my current work for Syncope is actually paid by one of my
> customers that is actually financed in turn by SURFnet.
> They explicitly required that such code has to be part of the official
> Syncope repository and releases...

As others have said, you cannot accept this clause - including that
code is a decision of the receiving PMC, you can only commit to best
efforts that will help make that happen.

> ...and are also asking to include in the
> NOTICE file the following extract...

I also agree with others that NOTICE is not the place for such things
- in the good old Cocoon times we used
which works well IMO, as long as you state only true facts in there.