www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customer reference in NOTICE
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:23:14 GMT
Hi all,
first of all, thanks for your support: I must admit that I can follow
this kind of considerations until a certain point before getting lost.

About this:
> They explicitly required that such code has to be part of the official Syncope repository
and releases...
I just want to reassure that it is mainly bad phrasing from my side: I
just wanted to emphasize that they did not intend to keep such
development private.
I am perfectly aware that no one but the PMC and the project community
are the only responsible of what is included in ASF releases.

As suggested by some people, I will then avoid any NOTICE 'improper'
entry and ask the community to add a "Thanks to" section in the release
notes (of the release that will actually contain the feature).

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/