www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customer reference in NOTICE
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:49:43 GMT
On 22/11/2012 00:55, Ted Dunning wrote:
> Presumably the company required that the person doing the work commit
> this work or cause this work to be committed to the project.  That
> seems like the person agreeing to this is crossing their wires a bit
> since Apache contribution is supposed to be on an individual level
> (although there are plenty of examples of partisanship masquerading as
> personal initiative).

If "the person" is me and "the company" is SURF, I have already
commented in another reply that the work is about a feature already
planned into the roadmap by the community.

 From my point of view, this means that SURF asking to commit this work
into the project's repository - instead of keeping it secret somewhere
else - is actually a good thing.

Do you still think I am crossing any wire? Can you please elaborate? Thanks.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/