www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Customer reference in NOTICE
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:26:58 GMT
Hi,
in Syncope we have been discussing [1] about some aspects related to our
NOTICE file and wed like to ask your opinion about this.

A part of my current work for Syncope is actually paid by one of my
customers that is actually financed in turn by SURFnet.
They explicitly required that such code has to be part of the official
Syncope repository and releases and are also asking to include in the
NOTICE file the following extract:

Portions of this software are developed by the support of the SURF, the
higher education and research partnership organization for Information and
Communications Technology (ICT) in The Netherlands.  For more information
about SURF, please visit www.surf.nl.

They have also provided a previous reference [2] in Apache Rave, for
which they have signed a corporate CLA [3] and software grant [4].

Do you see any issue with this? Is this fine, provided that they sign
another grant for Syncope?

Thanks for your support.
Regards.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ux6xpt332uoqfjdq