www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: short file short notices
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 02:12:32 GMT
Craig Russell wrote:
> For many years, Apache have not put copyright notices into each file.

So what?

I answered the question as I believe it should be answered. I don't give
much credit to past Apache practices in this regard. Of course, I stand
ready to be corrected by an actual attorney or by anyone who can point to an
authority other than some Apache FAQ.

If there is an Apache *policy* not to include copyright notices, I'd
appreciate hearing a justification for that other than merely "I don't
wanna...."

/Larry