www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Crypto export filings for Apache CloudStack (incubating)
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 17:26:24 GMT
On Oct 4, 2012, at 6:57 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> I think it is more complicated than this.

I know you think that, but you don't have the advantage that I have
of having already done the review (twice) and knowledge of the
advice given to the ASF by an actual BIS regulator.  So, when I tell
you that the only reason we were 5D002 before is a specific reason
that is no longer in the regs, it simply doesn't matter what you
(or I) think it means, and it really makes no difference what a
FAQ (not part of the regulations) happens to say.  Cliff taught me
that much.

Either way, we need to ask.  If we get the answer we want, then
we hang up the phone.  If we don't, then we'll deal with that later.

....Roy