www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject legal conditions regarding project website content
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:54:07 GMT
Hello all,

currently, at incubating JSPWiki we're considering moving
www.jspwiki.orginto apache infraestructure. However, we're not so sure
if that's possible
due to do the diversity of the contents held in there. Florian Holeczek
sent the e-mail below to general@i.a.o but maybe here we'll have an answer
faster.

What would be the appropiate path?

thanks in advance,
juan pablo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Florian Holeczek <florianh@apache.org>
Date: Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Subject: legal conditions regarding project website content
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Hi all,

in the JSPWiki project, we have an issue similar to the situation described
in [1].
The site www.jspwiki.org has always been the project's main page so far.
We're aware of the fact that, after graduation, jspwiki.apache.org will
have to be the project's main page (according to [2]). Such a page is
already existing at [3].

However, simply deleting all content from www.jspwiki.org and restarting
from scratch is not an option, because it would destroy so much useful
stuff around the project: www.jspwiki.org is a wiki containing information
on the one hand (HOWTOs, etc.), but also source code / artifacts on the
other hand (JSPWiki plugins, etc.). Typical of a public wiki, this stuff is
coming from various contributors, in many cases without any specifically
named license. This is why the wiki is stating "Copyright © 2009 individual
contributors.".
Will it be possible to host this wiki inside the Apache infrastructure,
too, or what to do here?

Best regards
 Florian

[1] http://markmail.org/message/nshmdsn3e5aklm4j