www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Crypto export filings for Apache CloudStack (incubating)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 23:20:02 GMT
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> I forwarded it there a week ago as well, and at the time said that if CloudStack needed
to proceed, I'd advise sticking to the current requirements of the page. I noted that the
direction to consult legal-discuss was not added by a member of the legal affairs committee.

> I don't think there's any harm in doing so if it is not required. I believe a couple
of people have said it wasn't required, but also said we should get that formalised first.

Is there a strong reason NOT to follow the current requirements?
Alternately: does anybody have a proposed patch to the page?

If we have a proposed patch that is likely to get consensus here, I am
willing to forward it for legal review.

> - Brett

- Sam Ruby