www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: short file short notices
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:54:47 GMT
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Not exactly the same thing, but somewhat related discussion about
> using a license _footer_ instead of a header:
> http://markmail.org/message/65bgkplxu2ei6tj4

Just to chime in from a "trying out the footer license thing".  I've been
trying this out, for some non-Apache projects, using Jukka's suggested:

    Such files could still start with a one-line comment like "// Licensed
under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See footer for details." for people
who expect to find license info at the beginning of a file.

Works for me.  Nice to move that wad of goo to the bottom, but still have a
single line at the top.

eg:

    https://github.com/pmuellr/tooltap/blob/master/lib/etc.js

--