www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: short file short notices
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:00:51 GMT
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Craig L Russell
<craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:

> Well, there are quite a bit of how-to files that will need to change, and I
> think it would be good if there were a policy that justifies it.
>
> Otherwise, we run the risk of getting some bit wrong.
>
> I'm +1 to make the change.

If we finally get a "short header" approved, will that render this "license
footer" proposal obsolete?  It seems sub-optimal to update those how-to files
once, then update them again.

(Personally, I don't see why Craig's short header[1] stating simply "Licensed
under the terms of http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0" does not
suffice for everything we do.  But IANAL, etc...)

Marvin Humphrey

[1] http://s.apache.org/WHK (link to comment on legal JIRA-124)