www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Permissive license for supporting files
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:07:33 GMT
Here's the thread that started this:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201209.mbox/%3CCC8205AC.2F696%25chiradeep.vittal@citrix.com%3E

The summary is: Do we really need to add an Apache license header to all of
our config files? Are there times we can omit it, or can we add a note to
LICENSE saying that all config files are licensed under the Apache license.

I think this question largely goes away if the ASF approved a short, all
permissive, licenses for supporting files. (And the GNU All Permissive, as
we call it in Debian, seems like as good a place to start as any.)