www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KC-46 ATS Air Force Program
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:20:26 GMT
Ms. Gaines,

The Apache Software Foundation is a membership-based, not-for-profit
corporation, that exists to make freely-available, open source
software. All Apache produces are released as open source under the
terms of the Apache License, version 2.0. Many US government
organizations, inside and outside of DOD, make use of Apache products
in their operations, simply by availing themselves of the terms of the
Apache License. Thus, the Apache Software Foundation does not
generally function as a 'supplier' nor supply any certifications or
representations beyond the terms of the Apache Licence, Version 2.

If you or someone else at Boeing needs more clarification, please
don't hesitate to ask.

Benson Margulies
Member Apache Software Foundation