www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Crypto export filings for Apache CloudStack (incubating)
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 00:50:31 GMT

<snip />

>I've asked the same question a couple of weeks ago ([1]) for Apache
>ACE as well. It appears that it is no longer a problem to include
>crypto-libs in a project, but IANAL, so take this as binding advice...

I have seen this type of question come up a couple of times recently; but, to my knowledge
no one has received a definitive answer.   Is there any way we can get a definitive answer
and update the web page[1]?  Is there anything those of us looking for an answer from legal
can do to accelerate receiving one?  Looking through the list archives, I see that many people
have hit this issue and interpreted the information provided by BIS themselves.  Given that
this seems like something we want to get "right", it would be nice to get more complete guidance.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html