www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: KC-46 ATS Air Force Program
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 22:06:27 GMT
Folks,

Several US government purchasing agents have previously held a misconception about the indemnity
provisions in the Apache license. That problem was resolved many months ago (perhaps on license-discuss@
but I don’t recall exactly??) through discussions with relevant attorneys. The Apache License
*is not*a problem. (Can someone here scan the archives for that?)

I note that it is too late to respond to Ms. Gaines by COB 9/17. If anyone from Apache responds,
though, please don’t mislead her into thinking the Apache License indemnification provision
is a concern to the US government. It is now just an urban myth.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

Rosenlaw & Einschlag, a technology law firm ( <http://www.rosenlaw.com> www.rosenlaw.com)

3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482