www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming CloudStack release
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:08:20 GMT

On 03/08/2012, at 2:54 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the incubator, it's the job, I suppose, of at least the mentors
> to accurately present the policies to their podlings. Forget my
> question about a mediating IPMC, the more interesting point is to
> educate mentors about how legal works.

I think perhaps there's just some missing context here - I'm a CloudStack mentor, which is
the capacity I was replying to the thread in. The podling has dealt with a number of license
issues already, and those that are outstanding are being worked towards the right solution.
It seems some folks at OSCON also gave members of the podling good advice too. I believe if
the work continues as it is, there will be little work needed from Legal Affairs to approve
the specific cases. That's what I was trying to get everyone back to, rather than getting
into an endlessly general discussion about LGPL libraries. I wasn't particularly successful
:)

Cheers,
Brett

--