www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Licensing question (contribution to VCL project)
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:41:34 GMT
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Aaron Coburn <acoburn@amherst.edu> wrote:

> To further quote from the GPL FAQ [1]:
>
> "If the program dynamically links plug-ins, and they make function calls to each other
and share data structures, we believe they form a single program, which must be treated as
an extension of both the main program and the plug-ins. This means the plug-ins must be released
under the GPL or a GPL-compatible free software license, and that the terms of the GPL must
be followed when those plug-ins are distributed."

The operative phrase here being "the terms of the GPL must be followed
when those plug-ins are distributed."

This really sounds more like something that would be made available at
Apache Extras:

http://community.apache.org/apache-extras/faq.html

- Sam Ruby