www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Aahit <aah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Licensing question (contribution to VCL project)
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:13:58 GMT
Hi,

Plugin can be licensed under Apache 2.0 if it is communicating through
systems calls to Moodle. As per GPL, linking can create a derivative; hence
there is an incompatibility issue arises with apache.

If plugin is communicating through custom calls to XMLRPC API, that is a
derivative work according to GPL 3.0 license.

Regards,

Aahit