www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Integration Plugins into several 3th party products (Moodle, Drupal, Joomla, SugarCRM, Teambox, Facebook, ATutor, Zimbra, Bitrix, Magento, Typo3, Wordpress)
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:45:36 GMT
Dear Legal Team,

our podling "Apache OpenMeetings" maintains a number of plugins to
integrate OpenMeetings into several LMS and CMS and other 3th party
products.

The questions is if we can release those plugins at the ASF as
"apache-openmeetings-plugin_xyz".

All plugins have in common: They call API methods of the system they
integrate as well as the system they are integrated into calls methods
in the plugin and expects the plugin to have a certain structure.

Integration into GPL licensed products:
GPL v1: ATutor
GPL v2: Typo3, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal
GPL v3: Moodle

Integration into other Open Source products:
Magento ( http://www.magentocommerce.com/license/ )
Zimbra ( http://www.zimbra.com/license/ )
SugarCRM ( http://www.sugarcrm.com/page/sugarcrm-public-license/en )

Integration into closed source products:
Teambox
Facebook
Bitrix ( http://www.bitrixsoft.com )

For Moodle integration there is already a discussion going on at
legal-discuss that I did monitor. Does this recommendation also apply
to integration into GPL v2 and GPL v1 licensed products?

I would like to thank you already to put your time into this :)

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock