www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration Plugins into several 3th party products (Moodle, Drupal, Joomla, SugarCRM, Teambox, Facebook, ATutor, Zimbra, Bitrix, Magento, Typo3, Wordpress)
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 12:52:10 GMT
@Aahit The plugins are actually standalone projects that provide an
integration of our application (Apache OpenMeetings -
Web-Conferencing) into various third party applications.
They trigger API methods of Openmeetings but are not bundled or
distributed with Apache OpenMeetings.
The plugins don't use GPL components they are just structured in the
way 3th party system expect a plugin to be structured. Also they rely
on APIs that the plugin loader mechanisms of the 3th party system
provide.

@Daniel Ok, lets move the discussion to Jira
I tried to summarize the questions asked so far to the Jira issue.

Thanks!
Sebastian

2012/8/28 Aahit <aahit8@gmail.com>:
> It would be great if you clarify your questions a bit more.
>
> As I understood, your project license in apache and you are using some
> plugins licensed under apache and GPL; you are also using some 3rd party
> components. Eventually, you wanted to release all under Apache License; how
> you can comply with all licenses? Was that your question?
>
> ---------
> Aahit Gaba
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
> seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> this really seems to be a tough nut to crack. I guess lack of time
>> makes it difficult to answer this request.
>> However we would be happy if you could share your opinions about it.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sebastian
>>
>> 2012/8/23 seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com>:
>> > Dear Legal team,
>> >
>> > I am confident we can find a solution no matter what the result will be.
>> > I would be happy to hear your thoughts on this!
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > Sebastian

>> conference room

>> service.