www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Integration Plugins into several 3th party products (Moodle, Drupal, Joomla, SugarCRM, Teambox, Facebook, ATutor, Zimbra, Bitrix, Magento, Typo3, Wordpress)
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:56:49 GMT
Now that I understand your question I don't think what you want to do is a problem at all.
As long as you aren't storing GPL components in svn or distributing them there should be no
problem providing plugins that are targeted to third-party systems.  See http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#platform

Ralph

On Aug 28, 2012, at 5:52 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com wrote:

> @Aahit The plugins are actually standalone projects that provide an
> integration of our application (Apache OpenMeetings -
> Web-Conferencing) into various third party applications.
> They trigger API methods of Openmeetings but are not bundled or
> distributed with Apache OpenMeetings.
> The plugins don't use GPL components they are just structured in the
> way 3th party system expect a plugin to be structured. Also they rely
> on APIs that the plugin loader mechanisms of the 3th party system
> provide.
>
> @Daniel Ok, lets move the discussion to Jira
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-147
> I tried to summarize the questions asked so far to the Jira issue.
>
> Thanks!
> Sebastian
>
> 2012/8/28 Aahit <aahit8@gmail.com>:
>> It would be great if you clarify your questions a bit more.
>>
>> As I understood, your project license in apache and you are using some
>> plugins licensed under apache and GPL; you are also using some 3rd party
>> components. Eventually, you wanted to release all under Apache License; how
>> you can comply with all licenses? Was that your question?
>>
>> ---------
>> Aahit Gaba
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
>> seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> this really seems to be a tough nut to crack. I guess lack of time
>>> makes it difficult to answer this request.
>>> However we would be happy if you could share your opinions about it.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Sebastian

>>> conference room

>>> service.