www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mel...@eu.citrix.com>
Subject RE: Upcoming CloudStack release
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:10:50 GMT
My original question was with respect to a specific library - libvirt-java.  I think all the
issues are understood perfectly with respect to that library.  My question was how to bring
the issue to this forum, because that's exactly what I was told to do by our mentors.

There is nothing more to discuss on cloudstack-dev - we've already done all the discussion
we can do.  We need to know whether it is possible to request exceptions to written policy
in this regard, because half the people on this thread say that it is, and half say that it
isn't.  It's not a case of granting the exception or not - we can't even get an answer about
whether it's acceptable to request one!

I am happy to file a LEGAL ticket if that's the right way to make specific requests.  By the
sounds of it, I should start there.

Cheers,

Ewan.

From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett@porterclan.net] On Behalf Of Brett Porter
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 2:03 AM
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Subject: Re: Upcoming CloudStack release

On 01/08/2012, at 6:46 PM, Aahit <aahit8@gmail.com<mailto:aahit8@gmail.com>> wrote:

ohk, I got it. Good explanation Ralph. According to you what option would be suitable for
Ewan requirements.

Before this discussion goes any further, can it please move back to the cloudstack-dev@ list.
There is lots of work going on there to resolve dependency issues, and anything brought to
legal@ should be done with reference to a specific library, and by a member of the CloudStack
podling.

Thanks,
Brett