www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject PLI Open Source and Free Software 2012
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:38:09 GMT
[This is a copy of a promotional announcement from Practising Law Institute
(PLI). Please forward this email to attorneys and other friends or
colleagues who may be interested in attending. Thanks! /Larry]

August 29, 2012

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

For several years now PLI has arranged a continuing education program for
attorneys about "Open Source and Free Software: Benefits, Risks and
Challenges". This year's program will be held in New York City on November
14, 2012 (led by Lori Lesser and Stuart Levi), and in San Francisco and via
Live Webcast on December 5, 2012 (led by Lawrence Rosen).

For both programs we have arranged for distinguished and experienced
industry professionals to participate. The day-long program, for which
attorneys can earn continuing education credits (including ethics credit),
includes the following topics:

.                     Setting the Stage: An Introduction to "FOSS" and
Copyright Concepts

.                     Open Source Software and its Licenses

.                     License Enforcement and Avoiding Litigation

.                     Effective Business Practices in the Open Source Cloud

.                     Ethics: Conflict and Cooperation in Open Source
Projects

.                     Royalty-Free Patents and Open Standards in Open Source
Software

.                     Hot Topics: Critical Issues and Important Cases in
FOSS

There will be ample time for questions from attendees.

Please register today for this very timely program. Call PLI's customer
relations department at (800) 260-4PLI, register on-line at www.pli.edu, or
complete the Registration Form in the enclosed brochure and return it to
Practising Law Institute, 810 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York 10019 or
fax it to (800) 321-0093.

I look forward to seeing you at this Open Source and Free Software 2012
program.

With kindest regards,

Lawrence Rosen (on behalf of the program co-chairs)

P.S. I have encouraged our speakers to send copies of this announcement to
their friends and colleagues also. My apologies in advance if you receive
multiple copies.

The New York City speakers for the November 14, 2012 program are listed on
the PLI website. Here is the current list of speakers in San Francisco and
Live Webcast on December 5, 2012:

Daniel Berlin - Google

Adam Cohn - Cisco

Karen Copenhaver - Choate (and Linux Foundation)

Eileen Evans - HP

Harrison "Buzz" Frahn - Simpson Thatcher

Gabe Holloway - Leonard, Street and Deinard

Mario Madden - Microsoft

Gervase Markham - Mozilla

Gwyn Murray - Matau Legal Group

Lawrence Rosen - Rosenlaw & Einschlag