www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Aahit <aah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming CloudStack release
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:37:06 GMT
Hello Ewan,

It’s a good decision to re-architecting as it has a lot of dependencies.

With respect to the usage of ‘libvirt-java’ which licensed under LGPL 2.1,
there are three alternatives:

   1. Your understanding is right here- After taking permission you can
   host this library.
   2. Instead of hosting, you can provide a direct link to this library
   from where anyone can download and use your software. However, there is an
   uncertainty on the existence of the provided link.
   3. You can comply with the LGPL requirement. LGPL Package may
   dynamically link with proprietary code and any Open Source Code. But,
   please confirm that the inline functions or macros are used, they are ten
   lines of length or less.

Further, as you mentioned that there are number of such dependencies. I
would advise you to go for an audit service so that all the OSS compliance
issues get solved.

Regards,

Aahit