www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jesse MacFadyen <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License Compatibility with Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:29:41 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have received contributions to apache-cordova that are licensed under
> > other licenses.  I need to know if they are compatible, and if I can accept
> > them.
>
> What do you precisely mean by "have received"? If the code was
> published on an Apache mailing list, or within a Jira ticket, then
> there might be an implied license grant in place?
>
> Jochen

When I say I have received contributions, I mean that another contributor has
submitted code.  The submitted code uses/requires another library which is
licensed under the CPOL.

The commit in question can be found here:
https://github.com/hermwong/incubator-cordova-
wp7/commit/4f74c21fe18e43cbe59ca527d28e35b1e80ed067#L0R31

Cheers,
  Jesse