www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Using Apache licensed code in a New BSD project
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:06:00 GMT
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM, gremmachook gremmachook
<gremmachook@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>               Just to be clear, I'm not modifying the Apache v2.0 licensed
> code in anyway (not removing the headers either), just including it in the
> source of s New BSD distributed project to provide functionality.

What that likely means is that portions of the project that you are
distributing will be licensend under the Apache License version 2.0.
It is entirely possible that those that use this project will not have
a problem with that (which may be what Greg was getting at).

But as long as you follow the terms specified in the license, you will be fine.

- Sam Ruby