www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License Compatibility with Apache 2.0
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:24:48 GMT
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Jesse MacFadyen
<purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I say I have received contributions, I mean that another contributor has
> submitted code.  The submitted code uses/requires another library which is
> licensed under the CPOL.

So, the question is not about the code, but about an external jar
file? That's a rather different matter. Is it necessary that you
distribute the library, or can you require the user to add it
manually?

--
In other words: what could be seen as a socially debilitating failure
of character can certainly work to your advantage too. (Linus