www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Java and the LGPL (fwd)
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:56:09 GMT
On Jun 1, 2012 1:53 PM, "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
>
> Nah... I can't see a damage award being all that high. Likely quite a bit
less than the cost to litigate.

> I also seem to recall reading somewhere that appealing a *jury* trial is
a huge burden to overcome. Appealing one judge's thoughts is one thing, but
a jury? Difficult.

> And recall that appeals are usually based on procedure or interpretation
of law. Facts from the original case cannot be appealed... they're facts
:-) (and I seem to recall jury answers become a fact).

> LOL. It is a little more complicated than that, but if you draw the
conclusion that appeals are on average difficult and unproductive, that’s
right.

Hehe... I'd be fine with "vastly more complicated" :-P