www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Determining unnecessary notices from Airavata distribution
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 18:01:31 GMT

On May 14, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:

> Sorry if my question was too vague.
>
> Airavata depends on quite a few apache projects including Jackrabbit, Xerces Java, XmlBeans,
Axis2, Derby, Woden, xml-commons, and Xalan. Looking at the third party notice requirement
[1], I went through non-apache dependencies and included their notice files if explicitly
mentioned. Am i assuming correctly that we should include all NOTICEs of apache project dependencies?
Can you please point me to a reference which will provide guidance on what should be included
and what should be eliminated from [2].

> Thanks,
> Suresh
> [1] - http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices
> [2] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/trunk/modules/distribution/src/main/resources/NOTICE

Forgot one thing -- I'd guess that the Jython Notice is not necessary…

--kevan