www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: MPLv2 on AL2 header review ...
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 18:37:24 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Juergen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> do you simply ask for
> permission too exchange the header only?

I don't believe that Michael needs to ask for permission, nor would we
be in a position to give it.  All the permissions we are prepared to
give are contained in the Apache License.

When people come to us who request guidance on courses of actions that
they are considering what we generally do is recommend that they seek
their own council.  The most we do is provide a few pointers.[1]

That being said, if people wish to participate in an informal
discussion here on this matter, they are welcome to do so.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/#get-in-touch