www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing a correct NOTICE file for Apache OpenMeetings
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 15:48:54 GMT
Hi,

we are trying to build our first release as Apache OpenMeetings in ASFs
Incubator.
We need to write a proper NOTICE file.
>From the guide
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license

I did understood that only Non-Apache licensed files need to be
documentated in the NOTICE file.
However I see from other Apache Releases that also Apache Licensed 3th
party library needs to have a proper License file shipped with every
release.
Compared here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.2/legal/
a lot of files, all the same content: Apache License 2.0

Do we really need to ship a separated file for every library even if it is
Apache License 2.0 and no additional "Notice" is required ?

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock