www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: MPLv2 on AL2 header review ...
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 08:29:57 GMT
On 5/29/12 8:37 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Juergen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> do you simply ask for
>> permission too exchange the header only?
>
> I don't believe that Michael needs to ask for permission, nor would we
> be in a position to give it.  All the permissions we are prepared to
> give are contained in the Apache License.
>
> When people come to us who request guidance on courses of actions that
> they are considering what we generally do is recommend that they seek
> their own council.  The most we do is provide a few pointers.[1]
>
> That being said, if people wish to participate in an informal
> discussion here on this matter, they are welcome to do so.

I understand and thanks for pointing it out.

I simply want to understand what exactly they want to do, maybe I chose
the wrong words to express it. But I am eager to learn.

I especially interested how it can work in practise. We talk about
thousands of files with minor changes when they have applied their
patches. And I have no idea how it can work in practise to identify
these minor changes.

Again I am interested to learn how it can work and what are the correct
steps. It's of general interest to me and I thought asking this here on
the list is appropriate.

Juergen