www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: MPLv2 on AL2 header review ...
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 14:27:10 GMT

On May 30, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Anyhow - thanks for the input ! sorry for so many, no doubt
> rather basic questions all at once.

I would also re-iterate Sam's post that the advice provided
here does not constitute "real" legal advice; it is a
list for the discussion of legal issues but should not be
used, or perceived, as the ASF (or anyone one, or any entity)
providing authoritative legal advice.

I am sure that the TDF itself is doing its own legal due-diligence
and is getting de-facto legal counsel in its efforts. I assume that
the people on the CC list are those people... Or, at least, I
hope so, but am thinking otherwise since they would not have
allowed the embarrassing "copyright issue" to have even made
it out of the gate.