www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: [RE-VOTE #3] adoption of mod_combine subproject
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 01:53:52 GMT

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

> Excellent.  I think we agree on critera.  Our only difference of opinion is that,
> on my reading of the ICLA, it's impossible for a committer to do what you are
> asking the committer to confirm they have not done.

You are seriously asserting that it is IMPOSSIBLE (emphasis added) for
a committer to commit something that is not their original creation,
or to not include complete details of any third-party license or other
restriction, or to not have received permission to make Contributions
on behalf of that employer or (need I go on)?

If that is what you are saying, please explain further, as I clearly disagree.

So, to recap: the documentation is posted on our website (link
helpfully provided above), and each and every one of those things
listed is clearly possible.  From time to time, they even happen.  It
is the PMC's job to monitor for such occurrences and to apply
remediation when necessary.

- Sam Ruby