www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Github pull requests vs JIRA checkbox
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:45:31 GMT
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>    Are github.com pull requests an approved equivalent of the JIRA
>>    checkbox [+patch] in stating that the contribution is intended for
>>    inclusion?
>
> The guiding principle seems to be that we need to capture and archive a clear
> expression of the contributor's intent within channels that *we* control.  That
> expression can take many forms.

That is what I figured as well (from a multitude of messages spread
across the various apache lists).

> I can quote Roy:
>
>    http://s.apache.org/roy-on-contributions-and-git
>
> HTH,

Thanks for the quotation. It clarifies a lot. Unless someone disagrees
with Roy's statements, I'll assume this to be the guiding principle.

So from my example, the B and C variants would satisfy the guiding principle.

Martijn