www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: W3C tests and source-release.
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 15:16:11 GMT
On 08/04/12 02:26, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Andy Seaborne<andy@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>> My current understanding is that (please correct or question):
>>
>> 1/ Jena can use the tests to test.
>>
>> 2/ Jena can not include them in the source release.
>>
>> 3/ Jena can point to the location for the tests so someone in receipt of the
>> source release can retrieve them (the framework for running the tests is
>> included in the product)
>
> Answers to 1/ and 3/ are absolutely.
>
> How important is 2/ to Jena?

It is not a blocking issue - currently, the source-release includes the
full testing setup so anyone downstream can easily verify any build they
do passes the same tests that we use when creating binaries.  It's a
matter of style.

Jena will have to work around it in the source-release to make sure the
W3C test materials don't get included.  Doable, but feels silly,
especially as members of the project have contributed so many of the
tests in the first place!

	Andy