www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing Plugins for 3th Party Software from Apache Openmeetings
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:13:33 GMT
Yes I understand that, we are not releasing somebody else's software under
APL.

The Moodle Plugin and SugarCRM Plugin where initally written and maintained
by me and Eugen Schwert.

Me and Eugen both already submitted our ICLA to the Apache Foundation and
we both are PPMC of the Apache OpenMeetings Podling.

The Moodle and SugarCRM Plugin both used a LGPL PHP library called
"nuSoap", we have replaced that library with out own implementation that
does not require that library anymore.

So, from what I understood is that we need now to clean up the code again
to mark any potential code section that might be not originated by either
me or Eugen and then we could follow the release process.
I think the only thing that really needs to be replaced are the icons
distributed in the plugins.

For the new Plugins (Jira + Confluence) there are no problem?

Is that correct?

Thanks!
Sebastian