www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: [RE-VOTE #3] adoption of mod_combine subproject
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:50:25 GMT
> Mobile mail.. sorry for brevity...
>
> Doesn't the ICLA Graham has previously filed with the ASF already compel
> him to make no contribution unless those conditions are met?
>
> After a decade is there any reason to believe he would act in
> contradiction to his sworn ICLA?

Having the Legal Affairs committee evaluate each and every contribution
does not scale.  It is up to the PMC to police the project.  I've
pointed you to the conditions the PMC needs to use to evaluate the
potential contribution.  I will only add that in the case of a codebase
with a single author the evaluation should not be difficult to make.

Make a call, and come back when you have a difficult question.

- Sam Ruby